I am a psychodynamic/Relational psychotherapist and also trained in Dialogical Approaches in couple and family therapy.
I have worked in and around mental health settings for over 25 years and have experience of working with people experiencing distress in many different ways. I have worked alongside people with serious mental health challenges as well as those experiencing a short term disruption to their emotional wellbeing. No matter how the distress presents itself I endeavour to understand the communication and its impact.
I work relationally with individuals and families to bring new understanding to the distress being experienced. We then explore ways to improve someone’s wellbeing so that they feel able to manage the emotions that may have once overwhelmed them. It is a way of working that helps individuals explore what has happened with new understanding emerging within the therapeutic alliance.
My approach is non-judgmental with an emphasis of understanding individuals and families within a cultural, social and environmental context.
I have worked with people short term with targeted goals as well as long term with those who may have experienced disruptive traumatic and early life experiences.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- 2016 – 2018 Dialogical Approaches in couple and family therapy. Psychotherapy trainers training (supervisor level training) University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- 2010 – 2016 University of Kent – Masters degree in Clinical Science – Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (registered with UKCP)
- 2014 – 2015 Diploma in Peer Supported Open Dialogue
- 2015 Train the Trainers Mental Health First Aid for Schools/Train the Trainers Mental Health First Aid Lite
- 2013 Train the Trainers Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- 2011 Train the Trainers Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- 2010 Train the Trainers Race Equality Cultural Capability (RECC) Instructor
- 2006 Behavioural Family Therapy – Meriden Family Programme
- 1996 – 1997 London borough of Redbridge – Trained as an Approved Social Worker (now Approved Mental Health professional)
- 1995 – 1996 Portman Clinic (Tavistock) Year one completed in Forensic Psychotherapy diploma
- 1988 – 1989 London School of Economics MSc Social Work Studies (registered with Social Work England), registered with the HCPC to practice as a social worker
HOW I OFFER PSYCHOTHERAPY
I work with clients across the UK, and around the world, using Skype, FaceTime & Zoom. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English